We are approaching the year’s greatest joy-filled celebration of song and dance by leaps and bounds. Eurovision Song Contest 2019 is the 64th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. On 14 May to 18 May, the Eurovision Song Contest held in Tel Aviv in Israel. Netta Barzilai won the competition in 2018 with the song Toy.
Eurovision 2018 took place for the first time in Portugal, the MEO stadium in Lisbon, as Portugal was the winner Eurovision 2017. The country had its first victory and was Eurovision winner at the 2017 contest in Kiev with the song “Amar pelos dois”, Salvador Sobral. The competition will consist of two semi-finals and a final scheduled to be held on 8, 10 12 May 2018th
Russia returned in 2018 after withdrawing from Eurovision 2017 Russia’s representative ban was to come into Ukraine, the host country during the 2017 race. From 16 October 2017, forty countries have confirmed their participation in the competition.
MEO stadium in Lisbon
After a bidding elected MEO stadium in Lisbon as host broadcaster Rádio e Televisão de Portugal (RTP) and the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Multifunction The stadium was built for Expo ’98 and has a capacity of 20 000 participants, making it the largest indoor place in Portugal and among the largest in Europe. The stadium is located in the heart of the modern Parque das Nações district, which hosted the Expo ’98 in northeastern Lisbon. It is easy to get to the stadium by subway from the nearby international airport, by train (Oriente station) to the rest of the country and Europe. The basic requirements for a host city to hold Eurovision is as follows:
- They must have a suitable place to hold about 10,000 spectators.
- An international press center for 1500 journalists with adequate resources for all representatives.
- Access to hotel rooms in different price categories, they must accommodate a minimum of 2000 representatives, journalists and spectators.
- An effective transport infrastructure, including the nearby international airport of available connections with the city, the place and the hotels.
To read more about the Eurovision Song Contest will find the official website here: https://eurovision.tv
Eurovision winner of all time
Table taken from Wikipedia shows that Sweden is one of the countries that have won the most times with 6 wins of all time. Ireland takes home the prize with 7 wins in total.
- Eurovision winner 2013 – Denmark
- Eurovision winner 2014 – Austria
- Eurovision winner 2015 – Sweden
- Eurovision winner 2016 – Ukraine
- Eurovision winner 2017 – Portugal
- Eurovision winner 2018 – Israel
|7||Ireland||1970 , 1980 , 1987 , 1992 , 1993 , 1994 , 1996|
|6||Sweden||1974 , 1984 , 1991 , 1999 , 2012 , 2015|
|5||UK||1967 , 1969 , 1976 , 1981 , 1997|
|Luxembourg||1961 , 1965 , 1972 , 1973, 1983|
|France||1958 , 1960 , 1962 , 1969, 1977|
|4||Netherlands||1957 , 1959 , 1969 , 1975|
|3||Denmark||1963 , 2000 , 2013|
|Norway||1985 , 1995 , 2009|
|israel||1978 , 1979 , 1998 , 2018|
|2||Ukraine||2004 , 2016|
|Austria||1966 , 2014|
|Germany||1982 , 2010|
|Italy||1964 , 1990|
|Switzerland||1956 , 1988|
|Spain||1968 , 1969|